Subscribe to stay updated
You're now subscribed!
At the start of 2021, the UK imposed fees and tariffs on goods imported into the UK from abroad as part of the Brexit deal.
As an EU-based business, our goods are subject to these fees and tariffs upon arrival in the UK.
If your ordering packaging with Packhelp and having it delivered to the UK, here's what you need to know:
- Packhelp is an EU-based company
- Packhelp goods are sent from the EU into the UK.
- Packhelp does not automatically collect import taxes or duties.
- Packhelp will not charge you for any border-related fees or taxes during our checkout process.
- The UK Customs Office may decide that import taxes (20% of your order value) or trans-border fees (approx. £20) apply to your order.
- Courier companies collect these fees after the goods arrive in the UK.
- Packhelp ships your packaging on the Incoterm 2020 DAP basis.
How to pay your fees before your goods are shipped:
To make the delivery process as smooth as possible, you may want to consider paying your import fees through Packhelp.
To do this, please reach out to our customer support team once you've placed your order.
We're working hard to make this process as smooth and automated as possible.
For the time being, we'll manually calculate, collect and pay your import fees and tariffs, should you ask us to do so.
UK companies with a UK VAT number
You may be able to claim the 20% VAT import tax.
To do so, please remember to fill our your UK VAT number during the checkout process to be invoiced as a B2B customer.
Get in touch
We're happy to assist you in any way, shape or form with the import of your order into the UK.
Don't hesitate to reach out to our team via online chat or on our contact page.